Time to Shrine, Syria! Shriners Awareness Day is June 6
Grab your Fez, Nobles, because it is time to showcase that Shriner Pride on Thursday, June 6th, 2019!
A little background from Shriners International below and a list of 6 simple things that YOU can do to show how proud we are to be Syria Shriners on Shriners Awareness Day:
On June 6, 1876, Shriners International (formerly known as the Imperial Grand Council of the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for the United States of America) was founded. While our Order has seen many changes throughout the years, the depth of our vision and the might of our mission have remained unchanged. Shriners International is more than a fraternity; it is a fraternal organization of men who are dedicated to brotherhood, compassion and service to others.
>>> Check out the Shriner Primer! >>>
Thanks to our rich history and in celebration of the founding of our Imperial Council 143 years ago, June 6th of each year is forever known as “Shriners International Awareness Day” – a special day of recognition when you are encouraged to proclaim your pride in being a Shriner!
Please work with your temple leaders and your membership team in establishing a plan to share your pride and enthusiasm in being a part of our great fraternity!
- Post a photo of yourself on social media wearing your fez, utilizing the following hashtags: #proudshriners #shrinersawarenessday and #iamru
- Attend a special event or activity at your temple, club or unit
- Discuss the mission and vision of Shriners International & Shriners Hospitals for Children with your friends, family members and coworkers
- Proudly display your fez in a place of prominence at work or at home
- Wear a hat, shirt, pin or other item with the fraternal logo to help recognize fellow Shriners
- Refer a man of good character to our IAMRU new member referral program at beashrinernow.com/referral
This referral program goes hand-in-hand with our awareness campaign, as it is a unique opportunity to educate other men of character within our community of the values and mission supported by Shriners everywhere!
Make this your time to Shrine!
So, on Thursday June 6th it is our time to Shrine, Nobles!